American Restoration Water & Fire, LLC. is your top local Albuquerque company for water damage restoration and fire damage repair.
If you or another's life or property is in immediate danger, dial 911.
Important Steps Until American Restoration Arrives.
Water and Flooding:
- First, don't Panic. Relax! An American Restoration professional team is on the way to make your home better!
- Stop the water at its source, if you are able to safely. This action reduces the potential damage to your home or business.
- If it's safe to do so, turn off the electric source that supplies water to the flooded area and remove smaller electric items.
- Use a mop or towels to remove the excess water.
- Open windows and doors to get fresh air moving through the area for maximum drying capability.
- Dry the water off your wooden furniture.
- Make space between the bottom of your furniture and the flooded area of the carpet.
- Pick up any valuables and lay them out safely for drying.
- Make arrangements for a place to stay in the event your entire home is flooded (don't forget arrangements for pets, as well).
- Water can damage foundations and ceilings with unknown results. Please Be Safe!
Fire DOs and DON'Ts:
- Do try to keep soot particles from damaging upholstery and carpets by making sure to minimize movement inside the structure.
- For traffic areas, do place dry towels or plastic down in order to avoid grinding soot into the carpet or flooring.
- To prevent odors, do empty out your perishable items from the kitchen if the electricity is compromised.
- Do NOT try to wash or wipe the fire residue from any walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Do NOT attempt to use carpet cleaning machines.
- Absolutely Do NOT ingest food items (canned or packaged) that have been exposed to heat. Any food items may be contaminated!
- Do NOT turn on electric appliances such as ceiling fans, televisions, computers, or stereos.
Remember: Your protection and the safety of your family is the top priority. Please do not re-enter the property until the fire department allows you to do so. The effects of fire can be hidden and very dangerous. There can often be structural issues that are unseen and can severely injure you if handled improperly.