- Always tend to food while it cooks. Turn off the stove or oven if you must leave the kitchen.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while cooking.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Install a smoke alarm near the kitchen.
- Always double-check that all appliances, the stove and oven are turned off before you go to bed.
If you or someone you know has recently been through a house fire, we know how disorienting this kind of experience can be. To learn more about how disaster recovery professionals can help homeowners restore their homes after a fire, please connect with American Restoration Water & Fire today.